Jul 24th, 2015
I did this proof-of-concept project to check if several features a client wanted were possible with a JCR implementation. We chose to use Jackrabbit for the POC.
This is what I did:
- run Jackrabbit in Tomcat 7
- create directory and file nodes
- add arbitrary data to nodes by adding custom mixins
- list the content of the repository
- upload and download files
- use versioning
- use the check-in / check-out feature of JCR
- use the locking feature: can a node be locked and only be unlocked by the lock owner?
- use locking in respect to WebDAV’s locking feature
- add users
- check how to restrict access